The “Smart Image Configurator” is ScenarioBuilder’s built-in configurator for various images that are included in Test Scenarios. You can view, search and modify these images based on different failed screenshots. The screenshots that appear in the Smart Image Configurator are captured automatically by executing scenario(s) in ScenarioBuilder or NRGGlobal’s testing tools.
To open the configurator:
Right click the desired Image action that has failure screenshot(s) in the Scenario Window and choose Smart Image Configurator from the Action menu.
Or double click the desired Image action in the Scenario Window.
Here is a sample view of the Smart Image Configurator:
On the top left side of the window, you can see the Image Toolbar:
- Opens the image capture tool to allow new images to be captured within the failure screenshot.
- Suggests the best values for Tolerance and Image Area parameters if no image is found.
- Specifies a tolerance percent for a successful image search.
- Sets the amount of contrast to be applied to the image.
- Clicking on this icon will allow an image area to be captured for recognition of the image action.
Note that changing the search area and setting high tolerance may slow down your test execution.
- Replays the image search action against the failure screenshot(s) using the captured image and based on the suggested recognition properties.
Tip: A green rectangle (which shows the image is found in the screenshot) and a red rectangle (which shows the image is found in the screenshot) appear over the screenshot(s). Double-clicking on any of these screenshots, display the image and the location where the image was found as well as the image search area.
- Applies changes to image action properties.
- Allows modification of settings such as search area margin, maximum suggested tolerance, etc.
Each image action can have one or more images associated with it. These images are displayed in the “Images” panel.
You can crop, add or remove images by right clicking the image. The “Smart Image Configurator” only supports BMP format.
The contents of the Preview box depend on the screenshot that is currently selected in the “Failed Screenshots Gallery”.
The Failed Screenshots Gallery contains a collection of failed screenshots of the actual image action. This collection helps you create images from your tests.
The failed screenshots of all images actions are stored in the “ImageStore” folder in NRGGlobal folder. This collection includes any failures from ScenarioBuilder playback, as well as the Injector playback (if using AppLoader) or the ScenarioStation (if using AppsWatch).