What is ScenarioBuilder Web RDP?
ScenarioBuilder Web RDP is a new feature added to AppLoader's Injectors section to help the user create scenarios easier and faster. Previously, in order to create a scenario, the user needed to RDP to the Injector machine, start rUserManager, open a user session and then start ScenarioBuilder. With this feature, the user can open that user's RDP session directly in the browser by just clicking button.
How to setup ScenarioBuilder Web RDP?
For first time users, the ScenarioBuilder Web RDP icon will be grayed out . In order to set this up, several steps need to be taken on the Injector machine and in AppLoader.
Instructions for the Injector machine
- Make sure that ScenarioBuilder is installed in the same machine as Injector.
- Create a new user on the Injector machine purely dedicated for this feature. For instance sbuser, ruser00, or anything custom that is different from rUsers naming convention. Also that user has to belong to remote desktop users group.
- Restart the Injector process so that ScenarioBuilder can be registered with AppLoader.
Instructions for AppLoader
- Use the AppLoader machine's login credentials to log on to AppLoader Scheduler service.
ScenarioBuilder Web RDP will not work if this step is omitted.
Open services and find AppLoader Scheduler service. Right click on it and open properties.
Select "Log on" and enter credentials (username and password used to login to the Windows machine that has AppLoader installed).
After applying credentials you will be prompted to restart the Apploader Scheduler service.
- Start AppLoader UI and navigate to Injectors page. Look for that Injector and click on edit action .
After submitting the form, disabled button should became enabled . Every time the user clicks on ScenarioBuilder Web RDP button, it will open one instance of RDP session in the browser for user sbuser (this is the rdpuser setup for purpose of this document, it can be different for each user).
- Generate RDP Link in the form avails users to get direct access to a RDP session from a different machine and create scenarios. This feature is not limited to one rdpuser. If 10 unique users are created on the Injector machine for 10 different employees, then this link can generate the rdp link as long as the new rdpuser and password are specified. Note that the form does not need to be submitted. Generate RDP Link button will create a link based on the information entered in Username and Password fields under Scenariobuilder RDP Parameters section and in Resolution, Color Depth and Font Smoothing fields under RDP Parameters section.
- Clicking on ScenarioBuilder Web RDP icon should now open a RDP session.
NOTE: ScenarioBuilder Web RDP session will use RDP parameters set in the injector form. Changes to resolution, color depth or font smoothing will apply to ScenarioBuilder Web RDP session.